At least 110 Nigerians Were Killed By Boko Haram in ‘Gruesome’ Massacre

The late afternoon of Saturday turned into a gruesome massacre against farmers in northeastern Nigeria. At least 110 people were reported to be killed, the United Nations has said, raising tolls initially indicating 43 and then at least 70 dead.

The governor led other leaders in Zabarmari to bury 43 bodies that were retrieved on Saturday. Earlier on Sunday, Governor Babagana Zulum of Borno had admitted more bodies were yet to be recovered from the village where the terrorists attacked rice farmers.

Armed men on motorcycles led a brutal attack on civilian men and women who were harvesting their fields. At least 110 civilians were ruthlessly killed and many others were wounded in this attack. The incident is the most violent direct attack against innocent civilians this year. I call for the perpetrators of this heinous and senseless act to be brought to justice.

Edward Kallon, the UN’s humanitarian coordinator in Nigeria, said in a statement on Sunday.

According to Aljazeera, There has been no claim of responsibility for the attack, but the armed group Boko Haram and its splinter faction, the Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP), have carried out a series of deadly assaults in the area in recent years.

Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari denounced the latest massacre, saying the attack was ‘insane’.

More Branches.

Internet Company Reaching Young & Smart Africans from Lagos, Nigeria.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Previous Story

Best New Music: Trill Xoe & Na-ku Set The Mood On

Next Story

National Grid Collapses Resulting In Nationwide Blackout Across Nigeria

Latest from News & Developments