Hip-hop has become one of the biggest money making music genres in America right now, a sound pioneered by black Americans in the 70s. It’s been a good year for the sounds as it continues to grow.
Forbes has comprised its list of the top-earning hip-hop artists of 2018.
Jay-Z leads at number one, earning $76.5 million USD to no surprise with Diddy trailing after at $64 million USD. Kendrick Lamar outshines Canadian artist Drake despite the monumental year he had with his chart-topping releases and projects to round off the top three position. Despite being a top 20 list, the ranking actually has 24 artists, as Dr. Dre and Nas are tied for sixth with Meek Mill, Swizz Beatz and Russ sitting at the twentieth spot.
Check out the top 20 list for your favourite rapper below and head over to Forbes to learn more about the list.
In case you missed it, Spotify is now looking to make direct licensing deals with independent artists.
1. JAY-Z $76.5 Million USD
2. Diddy $64 Million USD
3. Kendrick Lamar $58 Million USD
4. Drake $47 Million USD
5. J. Cole $35.5 Million USD
6. Dr. Dre and Nas $35 Million USD
8. Pitbull $32 Million USD
9. Future $30 Million USD
10. Kanye West $27.5 Million USD
11. DJ Khaled $27 Million USD
12. Migos $24.5 Million USD
13. Eminem $23 Million USD
14. Chance the Rapper $21.5 Million USD
15. Travis Scott $21 Million USD
16. Birdman $20 Million USD
17. Lil Uzi Vert $19.5 Million USD
18. Lil Wayne $19 Million USD
19. Logic $17 Million USD
20. Meek Mill, Swizz Beatz and Russ $15 Million USD